Throughout her 25-year career in organizational change and communications consulting, Cathy has enabled businesses, government agencies and non-profits to cultivate the leadership capacity, employee commitment and collaboration required to achieve and sustain transformative results.
As president and founder of New Ground Consulting Group, she leverages her extensive experience in executive and team coaching, process facilitation, organizational communication and leadership development to help individuals and organizations activate their untapped potential to seize game-changing opportunities and overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
A trusted advocate and strategic partner to leaders of Fortune 500 companies, federal agencies and national labor unions, Wright has consulted in American Airlines, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, the Federal Aviation Administration, National Air Traffic Controllers Association, Professional Aviation Safety Specialists, Payless ShoeSource, Sauer-Sundstran, the North Carolina Network of Grantmakers, Solar Marine Solutions, among others.
Through a long-standing affiliation with Overland Resource Group, Cathy has managed complex organizational change projects in which management and union leaders worked collaboratively to:
- Implement pro-active issue resolution processes.
- Increase employees’ business understanding.
- Transform technology.
- Reduce grievances and arbitrations.
- Achieve expedited negotiation processes with unprecedented ratification rates.
- “Jointly” lobby Congress.
- Reduce cost associated with manufacturing scrap.
- Design alternative results-based compensation systems.
- Establish lasting leadership structures for managing organizational change.
She is a frequent speaker and trainer, with recent appearances at the Florida Labor-Management Conference, the Professional Aviation Safety Specialists National Convention and the Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA) Annual Meeting.
She also has extensive experience in helping assure organizations build strong awareness of their identity and reputation among employees, external stakeholders and customers.
In this capacity, she serves as:
- Host of Overland’s Profiles in Collaboration™ interview series.
- A frequent blog contributor at Orginc.com and for “Common Ground” at PlantServices.com.
- Has recently published articles in:
- Public Manager magazine.
- the Perspectives on Work quarterly journal of LERA.
- and Government Executive, among others.
Cathy is a training consultant with Marcus Evans, Inc. and a frequent presenter at the American Business Women’s Association National Conference.
She has developed and delivers workshops that include:
- “Effective Communication Skills for Leaders”
- “The Brand Called You”
- “Developing and Sustaining Reputation Management in a Fast-Moving World”
A native North Carolinian, Cathy earned a BA in English from Appalachian State University and an MBA from Virginia’s Averett University, where she is an adjunct faculty member teaching Business Communication, Organizational Behavior and Management Theory & Practice.
Her certifications include: Extended DISC, Leader Skills™, Team Tools Interactive™; Seeing Systems: Organization Workshop; Future Search Facilitator; Boston College Certificate in Corporate Citizenship.
Connect with Cathy on LinkedIn.